Standard First Aid – BLS (HCP) Renewal
Red Cross Standard First Aid BLS Renewal Course
Public Health Notice: During this fourth wave, Breath for Life’s resolve is to keep you safe during your course. Our primary goal is your safety and mask use will be expected during course participation until further notice. Please read what Breath for Life is doing to keep you and its staff safe:
The Standard First Aid BLS Renewal Course (previously CPR-HCP) reviews important first aid principles as well as CPR and AED skills. This one day Canadian Red Cross course is different from the lay provider Standard First Aid course in that there is a focus on Healthcare Provider (BLS) skill sets. CPR training includes bag-valve-mask use, pulse checks and the various CPR ratios.
Standard First Aid BLS Renewal Course Details
- Time: 8:00 – 5:30 pm
- Duration: 1 Day (6 -8 hours)
- Cost: $100.00 + GST = $105.00
- (A Digital Version of the BLS Field Guide is available within your course notification registration email).
- Certificates: The Canadian Red Cross will issue an e-certificate to your Red Cross user account (in-class details will be provided).
- Certificates are valid for three years for the Standard First Aid course and one year for the SFA BLS course.
- Breath for Life accepts valid Standard First Aid/CPR-HCP certificates from approved agencies
- You must take the 2 day course, if your certificate is expired
- Breath for Life commits to delivering the course that you register into
- Parking is Free
- Please note: This course is not equivalent to the: Heart and Stroke BLS Provider Course
- Online registration is required. Please email email@example.com if you have questions.
Standard First Aid – BLS (HCP) Renewal Dates
Nov 1: Monday
8AM - 4:30PM
Nov 8: Monday
8AM - 4:30PM
Nov 22: Monday
8AM - 4:30PM
Accepted Payment Methods
- Made the course enjoyable, had great examples to make things more understandable. Thank you!
- Always makes the learning environment fun and knowledgeable. Thank for giving extra driving details on the website.
- Great new building.
- Very informative, kept class interested. 3rd time with Breath for Life.
- Very impressed. Price point was competitive.
- Great instructors, made the class fun and we could relate to their stories.
- Practical gave me more knowledge and let me test my skills. Great experience.
- Knowledgeable, quick, efficient, clear.
- Very good course. Made it fun and interactive.
- Made it interesting, kept pace going well, answered questions thoroughly. Enjoyed the course!
- Awesome. Thanks for the painless recert! These courses are usually awful but I enjoyed today. I will take another course with Breath for Life as the cost is cheaper and I had fun today. Thank you!
- Thank you for focusing on the most important info and being straight forward and concise. Hands on was very helpful.
- Instructor was an engaging speaker, who share his knowledge in an interesting, fluent manner.
- The instructor is awesome! I especially like the effort made to empower people to use the skills recertified. The instructor was engaging, entertaining, well-spoken, knowledgeable and overall incredible. I will take another course with BFL as you are fantastic! all my expectations were met and the course material was presented in an interesting manner. You guys are great and I intend to tell both co-workers and admin staff how pleased I was with BFL, and recommend your courses. I might consider taken EMR courses, just because the instructor made the course material so engaging. The instructor inspires people to remember the info provided. I could not possibly be more pleased with your organization. Thank you!!
- Course was fun and applicable to real life. Facility- nice, bright and clean!
- Made the class interesting and kept our attention at all times. Best first aid course I have had in my 20+ years of having first aid!
- Thanks for having so many options (dates+times for classes) it helped!
- I think it was the best so far for recerts I have done.
- Instructor was very well organized and thorough. I have consistently received great training through Breath for Life but this was the best so far!
- Good stories and engagement strategies.
- Made what could have been a boring day fun!
- Wow – instructor was really awesome! Kind, funny, and extremely knowledgeable. A wonderful refresher!
- Lots of energy, friendly and very knowledgeable! Great day- thank you!
- Additional information/examples excellent- no chance for boredom.
- Thank you for your enthusiastic instruction- your anecdotes and questions for us to involve us.
- Very through but kept it light and fun. Class had good flow!
- Very enthusiastic and thorough. Made CPR and First Aid as exciting as I think it gets!
- Thank you for taking the time to model CPR/First Aid methods. My confidence is restored. Thank you getting me in so quickly.
- Best First Aid course I’ve taken, very knowledgeable and respectful!
- Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. I liked the scenarios when we learned a skill, more realistic.
- Excellent job! The information was presented clearly and relevant to all workplace scenarios.
- Excellent workshop. Absolutely enjoyed it! Probably the best course I’ve been involved!
- Great course! Was very interesting, went by fast and was fun!
- Very enthusiastic and interesting. Nice location and good equipment.
- Very knowledgeable, many examples and interactive with class.
- Very informative. Great course and I appreciate that it was done in a timely manner.
- Excellent instructor. Makes the course fun and very informative. Thank you! Excellent! Nice new location!!
- Both times I have taken First Aid with Breath for Life I remembered most of the info because the instructors are great! Thanks!
- Nice new space. Glad instructor was the same as 3 years ago- shows good staff/company.