BLS Provider 4 Hour
The Heart and Stroke has permitted in-class training as long as provincial and regulatory practices around public safety are followed. Given this Breath for Life is offering BOTH the 4 hour Heart and Stroke in-class session OR the Virtual (online) sessions to meet your needs. The Virtual Sessions consist of 2-parts:
- Part 1: Virtual learning – Your learning will be directed and facilitated by a Heart & Stroke instructor. This session is about 2.5 hours in length followed by the Heart and Stroke exam. After completing Part 1 a Heart and Stroke interim certificate of completion will be issued to you. This certificate is issued by the Heart and Stroke and is recognized by Alberta Health Services, professional associations, and also meets BLS school entry requirements. The interim certificate’s expiry date will be September 2020.
- Part 2: This session is an in-class, hands-on skills practice session. After completion of Part 2 an official Heart and Stroke certificate of completion, valid for 1 year, will be issued.
- Please note the price below includes Part 1 and Part 2. You must complete Part 1 and Part 2 to receive the 1 year certification.
Due to the success of the provincial relaunch, the Heart and Stroke is allowing in-class training sessions as long as sanitation and social distancing requirements are met. In compliance with all that is expected, Breath for Life is offering the 4 hour in-class BLS course on various June and July dates and and all dates in August 2020: Course Dates and Locations. Unless redirected by the Heart and Stroke, Breath for Life will not be offering the Virtual sessions in August.
- Please read what Breath for Life is doing to keep our students and instructors safe: Coronavirus Position Statement and Updates
- As Breath for Life continues to follow Public Health requirements the in-class skills session is running as scheduled. Maximum class sizes (to meet and exceed social distancing directives) will be 12 participants per class.
Heart and Stroke BLS Provider CPR Course
The Heart and Stroke Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR Course, is the required CPR course for Healthcare Providers (HCP). This course is a 4 hour CPR only course and does NOT include First Aid content. This course, taught by medical professionals, includes adult, child and baby CPR with AED training. It focuses on the delivery of healthcare provider skills including Bag Valve Mask use, Pulse Checks, and the various CPR ratios across the different age groups. This course also focuses on Team Dynamics to achieve high quality CPR. The BLS Provider course is approved by the Heart and Stroke Foundation, the Alberta Health Services and follows ILCOR guidelines. Please review the topics for this course.
Breath for Life also offers the Heart and Stroke Standard First Aid with BLS Provider CPR. This course is a two day course that integrates first aid training with BLS CPR.
BLS Provider Course Details
- Time: See Course Dates Below
- Duration: 4.5 hours (Virtual 3 hours/In-class 1.5 hours) OR 4 hours (In-class)
- Cost: $80.00 + GST = $84.00 and/or with Manual $100+gst= $105.00 (Manual Version: 5th printing Nov 2018)
- The payment for the Virtual session covers Part 1 and Part 2 and is a one time payment.
- Breath for Life does not cancel courses
- Certificate: The certificate is valid for 1 year- Interim Certificates are valid until In-Class training is completed
- If you have a current BLS Provider certificate (not expired), you may be eligible to take the BLS Provider 2.25 hour course
- The BLS Provider course is not the same as the CPR Level C course which focuses on lay provider skills
- Breath for Life does not cancel courses
- Parking is free
- There is no pre-requisite requirements to attend this course
- Online registration is preferred or visit the office at 4443 – 99 Street. Please email your questions or requests to email@example.com
BLS Provider 4 Hour Dates
July 16: Thurs (In-Class)
5PM - 9PM This class is confirmed to run.
July 17: Fri (Virtual)
1PM - 4PM
July 21: Tues (In-Class)
5PM - 9PM
July 23: Thurs (Virtual)
1PM - 4PM
July 24: Fri (In-Class)
July 26: Sun (In-Class)
July 28: Tues (In-Class)
5PM - 9PM
July 29: Wed (In-Class)
1PM - 5PM
August 1: Sat (In-Class)
9AM - 1PM
August 6: Thurs (In-Class)
August 7: Fri (In-Class)
August 9: Sun (In-Class)
August 11: Tues (In-Class)
August 13: Thurs (In-Class)
August 16: Sun (In-Class)
August 18: Tues (In-Class)
August 19: Wed (In-Class)
August 25: Tues (In-Class)
August 28: Fri (In-Class)
August 30: Sun (In-Class)
Accepted Payment Methods
- Excellent! Learned a lot. Good interaction and well organized.
- Good descripton, awesome training. Loud clear, enthusiastic learning. Stress free environment.
- Beth was awesome, she was knowledgeable but fun and interactive as well.
- Very straight forward. Loved the sense of humor. Perfect amount of time. Beth was knowledgeable and made sure the class ran smoothly. Thank you!
- Very easy to understand. Appreciated your conciseness and sense of humor. Excellent course!
- Enjoyed feeling like material was learned and not just sat through.
- Excellent, very funny, detailed instruction. Thanks for a great class.
- Alfred did an excellent job. He’s knowledgeable, approachable, and passionate about the subject. Thank you!
- Great teaching, great enthusiasm, really knows the course well. Well prepared class.
- Friendly, good knowlegeable instructor.
- Has a great sense of humor, very knowledgeable, shares experiences.
- Instructor was well organized and explained the content well.
- Kepp up the good work! I learned alot! Good job! Thanks.
- Great teacher!
- Great- goes through all necessary information, makes sure to ask class if they have any questions.
- Excellent job! Made content interesting and added extra material based on experience. Thanks!
- This course was very informative, I feel much more confident in CPR. Thank you.
- Enjoyed the course very much! Quick, knowledgeable and fun.
- He is very knowledgeable, no dull moments while he teachesus, very funny. He gives us a lot of information and put it into practise.
- Well done-the best recert Ive ever taken! I will choose Breath for Life next for a second time.
- Very fun. Made it an awesome experience as always.
- Thanks for making it interesting and not boring.
- Great teacher- made the cousre a lot better. Efficient.
- Kam was very knowledgeable about course content. I appreciated that he used some humor to keep the course light and interesting.
- Really interesting way to update!
- Very good in comparison to others I have taken.
- He was excellent and knowledgeable. Class was very interactive and interesting. Keep it up.
- Made it fun!! Best CPR course todate!!
- Best instructor ever!!
- Excellent teacher. Focused, clear, logical, entertaining. Thank you!
- Enjoyed that real life situations were brought into scenarios. Thank you!
- Great mini quiz! Kept us intrigues….great hands on! Thank you! Very informative. Enjoyable even with the DVD.
- As my 8th CPR course and being a fire service instructor Kam is very good and deserves a recognition as such. My experience with BFL was great. I cannot stress the skill level in this classroom setting.
- Kam has a very factual but open- fun approach. I enjoy each time he teaches. I already have recommeded Breath for Life!
- Great company with good attitude of work!
- Great instructor! Develops rapport, makes class engaging and fun. Excellent knowledge and information. I always take my CPR with Breath for Life. Love this company. I will never go anywhere else!!
- Most informative, clinically relevant, and best clear and concise communication from any other instructor. I appreciated the heathcare focus. Thank you!