BLS Provider 4 Hour
Coronavirus Position Statement and Updates. BLS courses are being offered as scheduled. Small class sizes are emphasized to meet and exceed the social distancing recommendations. During this uncertain time we reserve the right to postpone a BLS session depending on class numbers (min 4 participants) and/or the situation with COVID-19.
The Heart and Stroke has stated the following on March 19, 2020: We recognize it is critical for some organizations to maintain their current training schedules as CPR is a life-saving skill. If postponing training is not possible, we require instructors and participants to implement the additional personal protective equipment measures (outlined in the network communication on Friday, March 13, 2020) and adhere to existing Heart & Stroke IRRP requirements for equipment decontamination during training sessions. We want to reinforce the importance of infection control practices and other best practices that will help reduce the risk of disease transmission.
Heart and Stroke BLS Provider CPR Course
The Heart and Stroke Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR Course, is the required CPR course for Healthcare Providers (HCP). This course is a 4 hour CPR only course and does NOT include First Aid content. This course, taught by medical professionals, includes adult, child and baby CPR with AED training. It focuses on the delivery of healthcare provider skills including Bag Valve Mask use, Pulse Checks, and the various CPR ratios across the different age groups. This course also focuses on Team Dynamics to achieve high quality CPR. The BLS Provider course is approved by the Heart and Stroke Foundation, the Alberta Health Services and follows ILCOR guidelines. Please review the topics for this course.
Breath for Life also offers the Heart and Stroke Standard First Aid with BLS Provider CPR. This course is a two day course that integrates first aid training with BLS CPR.
BLS Provider Course Details
- Time: See Course Dates Below
- Duration: 4 hours
- Cost: $80.00 + GST = $84.00 and/or with Manual $100+gst= $105.00 (Manual Version: 4th printing Dec 2017)
- Breath for Life does not cancel courses
- Certificate: The certificate is valid for 1 year
- If you have a current BLS Provider certificate (not expired), you may be eligible to take the BLS Provider 2.25 hour course
- The BLS Provider course is not the same as the CPR Level C course which focuses on lay provider skills
- Breath for Life does not cancel courses
- Parking is free
- There is no pre-requisite requirements to attend this course
- Online registration is preferred or visit the office at 4443 – 99 Street. Please email your questions or requests to email@example.com
BLS Provider 4 Hour Dates
April 2: Thurs
5PM - 9PM This class has met minimum numbers and is confirmed to run.
April 14: Tues
1PM - 5PM
April 19: Sun
9AM - 1PM This class has met minimum numbers and is confirmed to run.
May 5: Tues
5PM - 9PM
May 9: Sat
2PM - 5PM
May 13: Wed
5PM - 9PM
May 18: Mon
10AM - 2PM This is a Holiday
May 21: Thurs
5 PM - 9 PM
May 25: Mon
1PM - 5PM
Accepted Payment Methods
- Excellent! Learned a lot. Good interaction and well organized.
- Good descripton, awesome training. Loud clear, enthusiastic learning. Stress free environment.
- Beth was awesome, she was knowledgeable but fun and interactive as well.
- Very straight forward. Loved the sense of humor. Perfect amount of time. Beth was knowledgeable and made sure the class ran smoothly. Thank you!
- Very easy to understand. Appreciated your conciseness and sense of humor. Excellent course!
- Enjoyed feeling like material was learned and not just sat through.
- Excellent, very funny, detailed instruction. Thanks for a great class.
- Alfred did an excellent job. He’s knowledgeable, approachable, and passionate about the subject. Thank you!
- Great teaching, great enthusiasm, really knows the course well. Well prepared class.
- Friendly, good knowlegeable instructor.
- Has a great sense of humor, very knowledgeable, shares experiences.
- Instructor was well organized and explained the content well.
- Kepp up the good work! I learned alot! Good job! Thanks.
- Great teacher!
- Great- goes through all necessary information, makes sure to ask class if they have any questions.
- Excellent job! Made content interesting and added extra material based on experience. Thanks!
- This course was very informative, I feel much more confident in CPR. Thank you.
- Enjoyed the course very much! Quick, knowledgeable and fun.
- He is very knowledgeable, no dull moments while he teachesus, very funny. He gives us a lot of information and put it into practise.
- Well done-the best recert Ive ever taken! I will choose Breath for Life next for a second time.
- Very fun. Made it an awesome experience as always.
- Thanks for making it interesting and not boring.
- Great teacher- made the cousre a lot better. Efficient.
- Kam was very knowledgeable about course content. I appreciated that he used some humor to keep the course light and interesting.
- Really interesting way to update!
- Very good in comparison to others I have taken.
- He was excellent and knowledgeable. Class was very interactive and interesting. Keep it up.
- Made it fun!! Best CPR course todate!!
- Best instructor ever!!
- Excellent teacher. Focused, clear, logical, entertaining. Thank you!
- Enjoyed that real life situations were brought into scenarios. Thank you!
- Great mini quiz! Kept us intrigues….great hands on! Thank you! Very informative. Enjoyable even with the DVD.
- As my 8th CPR course and being a fire service instructor Kam is very good and deserves a recognition as such. My experience with BFL was great. I cannot stress the skill level in this classroom setting.
- Kam has a very factual but open- fun approach. I enjoy each time he teaches. I already have recommeded Breath for Life!
- Great company with good attitude of work!
- Great instructor! Develops rapport, makes class engaging and fun. Excellent knowledge and information. I always take my CPR with Breath for Life. Love this company. I will never go anywhere else!!
- Most informative, clinically relevant, and best clear and concise communication from any other instructor. I appreciated the heathcare focus. Thank you!