Standard First Aid – BLS (HCP)
Breath for Life is committed to following Public Health and AHS requirements for safe delivery of in-class sessions which are running as scheduled. To observe social distancing directives, courses are delivered below Red Cross ratio requirements.
- Please read what Breath for Life is doing to keep our students and instructors safe: Breath for Life’s commitment to Keeping you Safe.
As per OHS: Red Cross First Aid/CPR certifications that expire between March 1, 2020 and March 1, 2021 can attend a recertification course as long as this is completed by March 31, 2021. Participants are required to hold onto their expired certificates as proof and OHS officers have flexibility to accept expired certificates.
Red Cross Standard First Aid BLS Course
The Standard First Aid BLS Course is a two day Canadian Red Cross Course which focuses on the same topics as a Standard First Aid course. This course also covers BLS CPR required by Healthcare Professionals. Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR skill development includes bag-valve mask delivery, pulse checks and the various ratio considerations that the Healthcare Provider needs to know when performing CPR. This course focuses on AED skill development to ensure that the participant is competent at providing this important life-saving intervention. Please note: this course is not equivalent to the Heart and Stroke BLS Provider course which does not include First Aid Training.
Standard First Aid BLS Course Details
- Time: 8:00 – 5:30 pm
- Duration: 2 Days (14 – 16 hours)
- Cost: $150.00 + GST = $157.50 (Digital First Aid Manual included and a Digital Version of the BLS Field Guide is available within your notification registration email)
- Additional optional components (Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy) available on request for an additional charge. Please contact email@example.com
- Breath for Life does not cancel courses
- Certificate: An e-certificate will be issued to your Red Cross user account (in-class details will be provided), when the course is completed. Certificates are valid for three years for the Standard First Aid and one year for the BLS CPR Two separate certificates will be issued: Standard First Aid-Level C CPR/AED and BLS CPR
- Please note: As we cannot change the course location to each person’s home address it is implied that you are Skyping this class from your home.
- This Red Cross First Aid and CPR course is not equivalent to the Heart and Stroke BLS Provider Course. The Heart and Stroke BLS Provider course does not include First Aid
- This course is recognized by Workplace Health and Safety
- If you have a current certificate (not expired), you are eligible to take the Renewal Course
- Breath for Life includes a training manual in the course cost
- Courses that you commit to are not cancelled
- Parking is free
- Online registration is preferred. You may also visit the office at 4443 – 99 Street or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard First Aid – BLS (HCP) Dates
Feb 20 & 21: Sat/Sun
8AM - 5:30PM
Accepted Payment Methods
- Amazing, friendly, approachable, knowledgeable. Just overall a great experience.
- Small size class, good atmosphere, lots of fun. I will be taking the EMR course with Breath for Life.
- Keep up the good work! Good job, in helping to change people’s lives. Thank you!
- Thank you! Way more hands on and I am way more comfortable i my abilities with this course.
- Best instructor I have ever had for First Aid!
- Thank you! Instructor was very well spoken and translated First Aid into simple understandable language.
- Absolutely wonderful course. Really enjoyed it! Very knowledgeable and experienced and patient instructor. I intend on taking EMR later on in the year. Fantastic work material and great practical practise! Had a great time.
- Very well run and put together course gave us great training.
- Wonderful teaching. Inspired me to further my goals to be a paramedic. Wonderful company thank you!
- The information was well taught and organized.
- The instructors were very knowledgeable and helpful. They were enthusiastic and interesting to listen to.
- Thank you! Thorough knowledge and ability to share.
- Very impressed with examples, scenarios and overall knowledge of instructors.
- Made the day go fast and interactive. Much better training than I have had elsewhere.
- Great instructor! Knows his stuff! Very knowledgeable! Great staff! Great facility! Thank you!
- Great job breaking down technical explanations- especially of heart physiology and functions. Exceptionally thorough instructor. I actually enjoyed taking first aid 🙂
- Really enjoyed the course, instructors were knowledgeable, fun and made the learning experience bearable despite drier content.
- I thought it would be a boring class but both instructors made it a fun experience. Also learned important practical stuff which I think is really helpful in the real world.