Standard First Aid – BLS (HCP)
Red Cross Standard First Aid BLS Course
Public Health Notice: Although public health restrictions are being lifted on July 1st, 2021, Breath for Life’s resolve is to keep you safe during your course. Our primary goal is your safety and mask use is strongly recommended during course participation until the threat of covid-19 is over. Please read what Breath for Life is doing to keep you and its staff safe: Breath for Life’s commitment to Keeping you Safe.
The Standard First Aid BLS Course is a two day Canadian Red Cross Course which focuses on the same topics as a Standard First Aid course. This course also covers BLS CPR required by Healthcare Professionals. Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR skill development includes bag-valve mask delivery, pulse checks and the various ratio considerations that the Healthcare Provider needs to know when performing CPR. This course focuses on AED skill development to ensure that the participant is competent at providing this important life-saving intervention. Please note: this course is not equivalent to the Heart and Stroke BLS Provider course which does not include First Aid Training.
Standard First Aid BLS Course Details
- Time: 8:00 – 5:30 pm
- Duration: 2 Days (14 – 16 hours)
- Cost: $150.00 + GST = $157.50
- (A Digital First Aid Manual and a Digital Version of the BLS Field Guide is available within your notification registration email)
- Certificates: The Canadian Red Cross will issue an e-certificate to your Red Cross user account (in-class details will be provided).
- Certificates are valid for three years for the Standard First Aid course and one year for the SFA BLS course.
- This Red Cross First Aid and CPR course is not equivalent to the Heart and Stroke BLS Provider Course. The Heart and Stroke BLS Provider course does not include First Aid
- This course is recognized by Workplace Health and Safety
- If you have a current certificate (not expired), you are eligible to take the Renewal Course
- Breath for Life includes a training manual in the course cost
- Courses that you commit to are not cancelled
- Parking is free
- Online registration is required.
Standard First Aid – BLS (HCP) Dates
Accepted Payment Methods
- Amazing, friendly, approachable, knowledgeable. Just overall a great experience.
- Small size class, good atmosphere, lots of fun. I will be taking the EMR course with Breath for Life.
- Keep up the good work! Good job, in helping to change people’s lives. Thank you!
- Thank you! Way more hands on and I am way more comfortable i my abilities with this course.
- Best instructor I have ever had for First Aid!
- Thank you! Instructor was very well spoken and translated First Aid into simple understandable language.
- Absolutely wonderful course. Really enjoyed it! Very knowledgeable and experienced and patient instructor. I intend on taking EMR later on in the year. Fantastic work material and great practical practise! Had a great time.
- Very well run and put together course gave us great training.
- Wonderful teaching. Inspired me to further my goals to be a paramedic. Wonderful company thank you!
- The information was well taught and organized.
- The instructors were very knowledgeable and helpful. They were enthusiastic and interesting to listen to.
- Thank you! Thorough knowledge and ability to share.
- Very impressed with examples, scenarios and overall knowledge of instructors.
- Made the day go fast and interactive. Much better training than I have had elsewhere.
- Great instructor! Knows his stuff! Very knowledgeable! Great staff! Great facility! Thank you!
- Great job breaking down technical explanations- especially of heart physiology and functions. Exceptionally thorough instructor. I actually enjoyed taking first aid 🙂
- Really enjoyed the course, instructors were knowledgeable, fun and made the learning experience bearable despite drier content.
- I thought it would be a boring class but both instructors made it a fun experience. Also learned important practical stuff which I think is really helpful in the real world.