BLS Provider 2.25 Hour
- As Breath for Life continues to follow Public Health requirements the in-class skills session is running as scheduled. Class sizes will meet and exceed social distancing directives.
Heart and Stroke BLS Provider Renewal Course
The Heart and Stroke Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Renewal Course course is a fast-paced course designed for experienced healthcare providers; covering single-rescuer and multi-rescuer basic life support skills for application in both prehospital and in-facility environments, with a focus on high-quality CPR and team dynamics. The BLS Provider Renewal course assumes comprehensive awareness, knowledge and skill proficiency in Heart & Stroke BLS concepts. The course is best suited to healthcare providers who use BLS skills regularly and therefore require limited practice to be successful.
Breath for Life has purchased Laerdal feedback manikins to monitor your compression performance during CPR delivery. Each student uses their own manikin to achieve a high quality compression standard – there is no sharing of manikins. Achieving a high quality compression standard, by using feedback devices, is in compliance with the Heart and Stroke’s recent policy for companies to objectively monitor compression delivery. The goal is to improve survival outcomes.
* Experienced means that you use BLS skills regularly in your career. It does not mean that you certify yearly.
To qualify for this course you must be an experienced practitioner and have:
- A current (not expired) Heart and Stroke BLS Provider Certificate (no grace periods or extensions) or;
- An expired certificate but have taken the Heart and Stroke Prerequisite Challenge (an on-line assessment to assess your knowledge (Frequently Asked Questions) or;
- A current (not expired within 1 year) BLS Healthcare Provider course from another agency (ie. St. John’s Ambulance, Lifesaving Society, Red Cross) AND you have completed the Prerequisite Challenge
- If you do not meet the above criteria, you must register into the BLS Provider Course 4 hour course.
BLS Provider Renewal Course Details
- Time: See Dates Below – More dates available: BLS Provider 4 hour course
- Duration: 2.25 hours
- Cost: $80.00 + GST = $84.00 and/or with manual $100+GST=$105.00 (Manual version: 4th printing Dec 2017)
- Breath for Life does not cancel courses
- Certificate: Valid for One Year
- Taking the BLS Provider course yearly does not imply experienced. Experienced means you work on a code team or within a professional capacity where you perform CPR regularly
- Parking is free
- Being on time is mandatory
- Online registration is preferred
- You may register online or visit the office at 4443 – 99 Street. Please email your questions or requests to email@example.com
BLS Provider 2.25 Hour Dates
Accepted Payment Methods
- Very fun. Made it an awesome experience as always.
- Good work, well spoken, made it enjoyable.
- Short and Sweet! Great job.
- Really engaging.
- It was a constructive and helpful refresher.
- Knowledgeable and hilarious.