BLS Provider 2 Hour
Heart and Stroke BLS Provider Renewal Course
Public Health Notice: Although public health restrictions are being lifted on July 1st, 2021, Breath for Life’s resolve is to keep you safe during your course. Our primary goal is your safety and mask use is strongly recommended during course participation until the threat of covid-19 is over. Please read what Breath for Life is doing to keep you and its staff safe:
The Heart and Stroke Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Renewal Course course is a fast-paced course designed for experienced healthcare providers who need to refresh their skills, demonstrate their aptitude for applying the core concepts to scenarios and renew their annual certification. The renewal course is intended for those who are confident in their BLS skills, use their skills regularly and require limited practice to renew their credentials for another year. Experienced means that you use BLS skills regularly in your career. It does not mean that you certify yearly.
This course covers single-rescuer and multi-rescuer high quality BLS – CPR skills with an emphasis on team dynamics. Students practice high quality compressions using their own feed back mannikin.
Breath for Life has purchased Laerdal feedback manikins to monitor your compression performance during CPR delivery. Each student uses their own manikin to achieve a high quality compression standard – there is no sharing of manikins. Achieving a high quality compression standard, by using feedback devices, is in compliance with the Heart and Stroke’s recent policy for companies to objectively monitor compression delivery. The goal is to improve survival outcomes
To qualify for this course you must be an experienced practitioner and have:
- A current (not expired) Heart and Stroke BLS Provider Certificate (no grace periods or extensions) or;
- An expired certificate but have taken the Heart and Stroke Prerequisite Challenge (an on-line assessment to assess your knowledge (Frequently Asked Questions) or;
- A current (not expired within 1 year) BLS Healthcare Provider course from another agency (ie. St. John’s Ambulance, Lifesaving Society, Red Cross) AND you have completed the Prerequisite Challenge
- If you do not meet the above criteria, you must register into the BLS Provider Course 4 hour course.
BLS Provider Renewal Course Details
- Time: See Dates Below – More dates available: BLS Provider 4 hour course
- Duration: 2.25 hours
- Cost: $80.00 + GST = $84.00 and/or with manual $100+GST=$105.00 (Manual version: 4th printing Dec 2017)
- Breath for Life does not cancel courses
- Certificate: Valid for One Year
- Taking the BLS Provider course yearly does not imply experienced. Experienced means you work on a code team or within a professional capacity where you perform CPR regularly
- Parking is free
- Being on time is mandatory
- Online registration is preferred
- You may register online or visit the office at 4443 – 99 Street. Please email your questions or requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
BLS Provider 2 Hour Dates
Accepted Payment Methods
- Very fun. Made it an awesome experience as always.
- Good work, well spoken, made it enjoyable.
- Short and Sweet! Great job.
- Really engaging.
- It was a constructive and helpful refresher.
- Knowledgeable and hilarious.