BLS Provider 2.25 Hour
Coronavirus Position Statement and Updates. BLS recert Courses are being offered as scheduled. Small class sizes are emphasized to meet and exceed the social distancing recommendations. During this uncertain time we reserve the right to postpone a BLS recert session depending on class numbers (min 4 participants) and/or the situation with COVID-19.
The Heart and Stroke has stated the following on March 19, 2020: We recognize it is critical for some organizations to maintain their current training schedules as CPR is a life-saving skill. If postponing training is not possible, we require instructors and participants to implement the additional personal protective equipment measures (outlined in the network communication on Friday, March 13, 2020) and adhere to existing Heart & Stroke IRRP requirements for equipment decontamination during training sessions. We want to reinforce the importance of infection control practices and other best practices that will help reduce the risk of disease transmission.
As Breath for Life is managed/operated by Registered Nurses were are committed to following and exceeding sterilization/sanitation practices:
Heart and Stroke BLS Provider Renewal Course
The Heart and Stroke Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Renewal Course is meant for experienced* healthcare providers who use their BLS skills regularly. This course places a strong emphasis on high-quality CPR using the Bag-Valve-Mask, AED and various CPR ratios.
* Experienced means that you use BLS skills regularly in your career. It does not mean that you certify yearly.
To qualify for this course you must be an experienced practitioner and have:
- A current (not expired) Heart and Stroke BLS Provider Certificate (no grace periods or extensions) or;
- An expired certificate but have taken the Heart and Stroke Prerequisite Challenge (an on-line assessment to assess your knowledge (Frequently Asked Questions) or;
- A current (not expired within 1 year) BLS Healthcare Provider course from another agency (ie. St. John’s Ambulance, Lifesaving Society, Red Cross) AND you have completed the Prerequisite Challenge
- If you do not meet the above criteria, you must register into the BLS Provider Course 4 hour course.
BLS Provider Renewal Course Details
- Time: See Dates Below – More dates available: BLS Provider 4 hour course
- Duration: 2.25 hours
- Cost: $80.00 + GST = $84.00 and/or with manual $100+GST=$105.00 (Manual version: 4th printing Dec 2017)
- Breath for Life does not cancel courses
- Certificate: Valid for One Year
- Taking the BLS Provider course yearly does not imply experienced. Experienced means you work on a code team or within a professional capacity where you perform CPR regularly
- Parking is free
- Being on time is mandatory
- Online registration is preferred
- You may register online or visit the office at 4443 – 99 Street. Please email your questions or requests to email@example.com
BLS Provider 2.25 Hour Dates
Accepted Payment Methods
- Very fun. Made it an awesome experience as always.
- Good work, well spoken, made it enjoyable.
- Short and Sweet! Great job.
- Really engaging.
- It was a constructive and helpful refresher.
- Kam is knowledgeable and hilarious.