Advanced First Aid
Red Cross Advanced First Aid Course
Welcome to the Advanced First Aid Course page.
Have questions? Please email our program head directly: email@example.com
Welcome to your Advanced First Aid course. This course, is approved by Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) in Alberta under the Canadian Red Cross; it is equivalent to an OFA 3 certificate in British Columbia and meets Canadian Standards Association criteria ((CSA) Standard Z1210-17 – Advanced). If you are interested in being a Firefighter, Edmonton Fire Recruitment accepts this course as a prerequisite.
The Advanced First Aid course integrates theory and practice to prepare you for emergency response. This course focuses on assessment and treatment priorities within the context of the primary and secondary survey. Sign and symptom recognition of medical illnesses and traumatic injuries form the foundation around patient care delivery. Breath for Life engages the student by providing thought provoking discussions and by taking a hands-on approach. You will enjoy the level of passion, insight and interest demonstrated by your instructor as you are lead to success. Please review the Course Topics.
- If your certificate is current, you may take the Advanced First Aid Renewal Course.
- Course Time: (80 hour in-class and virtual delivery)
- Prerequisite: A current Standard First Aid Level C CPR
- Course Cost: $950.00 + GST = $997.50 (Includes a Free Digital Manual)
- The minimum enrollment number of 4 has been met and this course will be delivered as scheduled.
- Please register online
- View Oct/Nov Calendar: AFA-EMR Calendar 2023
Advanced First Aid Dates
Accepted Payment Methods
- Keep doing what you’re doing.
- 110% guys. Awesome class. Best instructors – hands down.
- Excellent course.
- I really loved all the teachers, the answered my questions with full responses. When I needed extra help they gave it to me.
- I was overwhelmed by the information but with well-spoken, knowledgeable teachers I was able to understand and grasp everything. Thank you.
- Everything was great.
- I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it.
- Very good teaching skills which helped with learning.
- Everything was good.
- Keep doing what you’re doing to inspire others. Very informative course and would recommend to any first responder
- This is the most in depth course I’ve been in and I don’t believe I would change anything because of how great it is. Thanks for the course everyone at Breath for Life.
- Course was great! Friendly staff and good facilities.
- Keep up the great work!
- Alfred is very precise on the tools he uses for teaching; helps understanding anatomy a lot easier.
- I enjoyed this course. Instructors were great! Thank you!
- Really enjoyed the course, was over-whelming at first with all the information but got more relaxed as the course progressed.
- Awesome course!
- I would 100% recommend to a friend! I loved the pace and teaching style! Thanks guys 🙂
- Great course! Excellent interaction with the entire class. Enjoyable. 10/10! Thank you very much!!
- Excellent program. Excellent job!