Advanced First Aid
Red Cross Advanced First Aid Course
To minimize face-to-face time in the classroom the days will be reduced to 5-hour chunks over 3 weeks. Maximum class sizes (to meet social distancing directives) will be up to 12 participants per class. Please read how we commit to keeping you safe: Breath for Life’s commitment to Keeping you Safe.
Please note: During this time we reserve the right to postpone a class if minimum registrations are not reached (4 participants).
As per OHS: First Aid/CPR certifications that expire between March 1, 2020 and March 1, 2021 can attend a recertification course as long as this is completed by March 31, 2021. Participants are required to hold onto their expired certificates as proof and OHS officers have flexibility to accept expired certificates.
Welcome to the Advanced First Aid Course page. Breath for Life has offered this program to the community since 2007. This course is approved by Workplace Health and Safety (WHS or OHS) in Alberta under the Canadian Red Cross and is equivalent to an OFA 3 in British Columbia. This course also meets the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Standard Z1210-17 – Advanced. This course may be required to fulfill first aid and safety expectations within the Workplace (Industry) or as a pre-requisite to enter into Law Enforcement, Firefighting or other professional programs. As per Edmonton Fire Recruitment, this course fulfills the entry requirements specific to a:
- Certified Red Cross Advanced First Aid (AFA) – 80 hr Alberta OHS approved course
The Advanced First Aid course integrates theory and practice to prepare you for emergency response in the workplace. Breath for Life engages the student in their academic learning and practical development by taking a hands-on approach. The Advanced First Aid e-certificate issued to you by the Red Cross is valid for 3 years.
If your certificate is current, you may take the Advanced First Aid Renewal Course.
Advanced First Aid Training Details
- Course Time: (80 hour in-class)
- Prerequisite: Standard First Aid Level C CPR (that is not expired)
- Course Cost: $950.00 + GST = $997.50 (Includes Textbook)
- Course Topics 2019
- Breath for Life Does Not Cancel scheduled courses and Parking is Free at the Breath for Life facility.
- Online registration is preferred or visit the office at 4443 – 99 Street or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have course questions please email: email@example.com
Advanced First Aid Dates
Accepted Payment Methods
- Keep doing what you’re doing.
- 110% guys. Awesome class. Best instructors – hands down.
- Excellent course.
- I really loved all the teachers, the answered my questions with full responses. When I needed extra help they gave it to me.
- I was overwhelmed by the information but with well-spoken, knowledgeable teachers I was able to understand and grasp everything. Thank you.
- Everything was great.
- I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it.
- Very good teaching skills which helped with learning.
- Everything was good.
- Keep doing what you’re doing to inspire others. Very informative course and would recommend to any first responder
- This is the most in depth course I’ve been in and I don’t believe I would change anything because of how great it is. Thanks for the course everyone at Breath for Life.
- Course was great! Friendly staff and good facilities.
- Keep up the great work!
- Alfred is very precise on the tools he uses for teaching; helps understanding anatomy a lot easier.
- I enjoyed this course. Instructors were great! Thank you!
- Really enjoyed the course, was over-whelming at first with all the information but got more relaxed as the course progressed.
- Awesome course!
- I would 100% recommend to a friend! I loved the pace and teaching style! Thanks guys 🙂
- Great course! Excellent interaction with the entire class. Enjoyable. 10/10! Thank you very much!!
- Excellent program. Excellent job!