Stay Safe! Home Alone Policies
Policies: Your communication with Breath for Life will be by email only: email@example.com
- Red Cross certification is based on creating a Canadian Red Cross account that is specific to your child’s name and email. This email defines your child’s Red Cross Account. This email cannot be shared by anyone else. Accounts are individually created and assigned by the Canadian Red Cross and shared accounts are not permitted. If you do not provide an email specific to your child, a certificate will not be issued to your child by the Canadian Red Cross. You may either create your child’s specific account or have Breath for Life do it for your child.
- You must arrive on time for your scheduled course. If you arrive late, it will be assumed that your child will not be attending the course and no refund will be issued. A full registration fee will apply if you want your child to attend a future course. Make it your priority to arrive on time. Please check your confirmation and receipt for the date and start time of the course.
- Picking up your child on time is imperative. You will be informed about the course end time when you drop off your child. You will be required to pay $10.00 for each 15 minute interval that you are late. It is your responsibility to ensure that your child is picked up on time.
- Breath for Life will not issue refunds or credits for cancellations, reschedules or postponements of your course when the course is marked “full” on the website – regardless of reason (this includes covid, illness or any other circumstance). This course is final sale when this course is marked as “full” on the website. It will be up to the registrant to fill the seat that your child vacates if you request a reschedule when the course is marked “full” – your child will be able to reschedule into a future course without penalty if you are able to find a replacement to occupy the vacated seat. When a course is marked “full” on the website, Breath for Life will not reverse this status and if you are unable to find a replacement for the seat that you reserved no refund/credit will be considered. Breath for Life will not take responsibility around finding a replacement for a vacated seat.
- Please note: If you contact Breath for Life the evening prior to or the day of the course wishing to cancel, reschedule or postpone you accept that you have forfeited your registration fees and there will be no applicable credits. If you inform Breath for Life of your child’s absence after the course start time you accept that you have forfeited your registration fees: no credits or refunds will be considered in these cases.
- If you cancel or request a reschedule of the course within 2 business days of the course start date, you accept a loss of your registration fees. this applies whether the course is marked “full” or not on the website. Cancellations within 10 business days (outside of the two business day window) will result in a cancellation fee of 1/2 the cost of the course. Any cancellation outside of this window will result in a 25% processing fee. If you request a reschedule within 10 business days of the course start date, a charge of half the cost of the course will apply to reserve a seat into the next course. Application: if you register your child into this course two business days prior to course commencement and realize that your child has a competing commitment and then want to cancel, your registration will be regarded as final sale. It is important that you register your child into this course knowing your child’s schedule. If you want to reschedule your course and fall within the 10 business day window, 1/2 the course cost will apply to reserve a future seat.
- If a reschedule is accepted, your child must register into the next available course. A fee, equivalent to 50% of the course registration fee will apply given point 5.
- Only one reschedule may be permitted. Any further requests to reschedule and reserve a seat will be at the registration cost of this course.
- If your child does not complete their course no refund will be issued or credits applied.
- No reschedules or refunds will be permitted if your child’s absence or lateness (when the door is closed you will not be granted access into your course) is due to unforeseen circumstances such as: inclement weather, car troubles, transportation issues, babysitting concerns or any other problem outside of Breath for Life’s responsibility. Breath for Life’s responsibility is to deliver the course you registered your child into – despite unforeseen circumstances.
- If you register your child into a holiday weekend your registration is considered final sale and any consideration to cancel, reschedule or postpone the course, for any reason and regardless of when the registration occurred, will result in a loss of your registration fees: no refund or credit will be issued.
- These policies apply regardless of when you registered into this course. For instance: if you registered into a course and the course is then marked “full” on the website a few minutes later, that course is final sale. Policy around final sale applies.
Breath for Life Inc reserves the right to change these policies without notice and any dispute of its policy will default to the latest version.
Reminder: Please bring indoor shoes or socks. For safety reasons, outdoor shoes are not allowed in the training facility. Please pack a lunch/snacks/beverage for your child as your child will not be allowed to leave the Breath for Life facility. Lunches and snacks are not provided. Breath for Life has vending machines: pop and goody machines. Please provide your child with loonies and toonies if you wish.
Please note: If AHS enforces covid restrictions, Breath for Life reserves the right to change your course date or course delivery method without consequence. No refunds will be issued for this inconvenience.