Professional Responder Policies
Administration fee means $250.00 plus applicable taxes
By registering into this course you accept and understand that you have reserved a seat to attend your selected course on a given date and at a specified time (please ensure you understand the date and start time of your course). Your course is confirmed and Breath for Life commits to delivering the course you have registered into. Please read the following policies that apply to your registration.
As a greater percentage of the public has been vaccinated and restrictions are being lifted, if you cannot make it to a course because you are covid positive, have symptoms of covid or are in isolation because of covid you must postpone your course and email the office at email@example.com as soon as possible. You must give Breath for Life ample time to reopen your reserved seat to the public so that another participant may occupy the reserved seat that you are vacating. Ample time is loosely defined and will be guided by the following. The following applies to your course absence due to covid-19 considerations:
- No refunds will be issued for postponements, reschedules or cancellations around covid-19.
- If you are postponing your course because of covid related matters: symptoms of covid, symptoms from a vaccination, etc you will require a doctor’s note or a positive covid test result to postpone and reschedule. If you cannot provide proof of a test result or a doctor’s note a reschedule will not be approved and you will forfeit your registration fees. You must complete your isolation period and be asymptomatic and covid negative before you reschedule – you will be required to schedule into the next available course date. Breath for Life follows AHS requirements for isolation periods. Please refer to the AHS website for further direction. If you cancel out of your scheduled course refunds will not be returned.
- Breath for Life will honor one request to reschedule given the above: an administration fee will apply for you to register into a future course. A second request to postpone or reschedule will not be honored resulting in a loss of your registration fees. No refunds will be issued.
- You must reschedule into the earliest offered course date. Course extensions beyond this date will not be permitted and you will lose your registration fee with no refund.
- Breath for Life has business hours during which emails will be answered. If you email Breath for Life outside of its business hours a response will be emailed to you the next business day. Cancellation or reschedules must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations or reschedule requests by voice mail will not be honored.
- If you contact Breath for Life Inc about cancelling, rescheduling or postponing your course after your course has started, regardless of reason, you accept that you have forfeited your fees; a refund will not be issued.
- If you cancel or reschedule your reserved seat due to reasons other than covid – 19, you must give Breath for Life ample time to fill your reserved seat. Any reschedule or cancellation request made within 5 business days (excluding holidays, stats and weekends) of your course start date, will result in a loss of your registration fees with no refund. If your email request to cancel is made outside of Breath for Life’s business hours (Monday to Friday: 9 AM – 5 PM) your request will default to the next business day.
- If you are able to transfer your registration fee to someone else (substitutions are accepted) please email the office their information and your registration will be transferred to the designated person. This transfer is final sale with no refund. When your registration has been transferred, if you require to register into a future course a full registration fee will apply.
- If you cancel or reschedule your course 10 business days prior to the 5 Business Day policy (number 3 above) an administration fee will apply. If you reschedule you must schedule into the next available date.
- Reschedule requests may occur once only. Any request to reschedule a course thereafter, will result in a loss of fees and you will be required to pay the full course cost to attend a future course. No refunds will be returned.
- If you decide to cancel or reschedule your course prior to the 10 business day policy a processing fee of 25% will apply to a cancellation request only. Reschedules will be free.
- You must arrive on time. If you arrive late for your scheduled course and the building is locked it will be assumed that you will not be attending the course and no refund will be issued. Make it your priority to arrive on time – be early not late. Please check your confirmation/notification receipt or the Breath for Life website for the date and start time of your course. Late arrivals are disruptive to the students who arrived on time, the instructors and other internal processes.
- No reschedules or refunds will be permitted if your absence is due to inclement weather, car troubles or any concerns outside of Breath for Life’s responsibility. Breath for Life’s responsibility is to deliver the course you registered into. Your responsibility is to attend your scheduled course.
- This courses requires a minimum number of participants to deliver the course. Breath for Life reserves the right to reschedule a course when minimum participant numbers are not met as mandated by the Canadian Red Cross.
- If you book into a holiday weekend your booking is considered final sale and any consideration to cancel, reschedule or postpone the course will result in a loss of your registration fees.
- Given the above, when a course is marked as full on the website, no refunds will be issued for cancellations, reschedules or postponements. However, if a course is not marked as full, the aforesaid policies also apply without exception. Your registration into a course is regarded as a commitment and by registering you reserve your seat for the date and time of your course. Breath for Life protects your reserved seat from being occupied by another person and commits to delivering the course that you registered into.
- All purchased course materials are final sale and will not be calculated into a refund.
- These policies apply regardless of when you booked into your course (ex: same day bookings, within 3 business days, etc).
- To be admitted into the course you must have a current BLS certificate and must complete the Heart and Stroke ACLS learning modules.
Reminder: Please bring indoor shoes or socks. For safety reasons, shoes worn outside will not be permitted in the training facilities. Switching your shoes in your vehicle and then wearing them to the building means your shoes were worn outside. All shoes worn outside must be removed.
These policies may change without notice. Policies reflecting the most current change will apply to your registration.