Youth Leader (Babysitting) Instructor
Red Cross Youth Leader (Babysitting) Instructor Course
The Red Cross, Youth Leader Instructor Course prepares the candidate to teach Stay Safe and Babysitting courses: please review the topics for this course. To be successful, you must complete the following criteria:
- Confirm Pre-requisites: The candidate must confirm that they are 18 years of age and are certified in Standard First Aid/Level C CPR.
- Fundamentals of Instruction: This step involves the completion of an online module. This self-study module is self-paced and will take about 5-7 hours to complete.
- Teaching Experience: After completing Step 2, you may proceed to the Teaching Experience. You may be exempt from doing this step if: you are a Current Red Cross (First Aid or Water Safety) Instructor, or an Educator (Elementary or Secondary Level – Bachelor of Education Degree).
Certification: Following the successful completion of the Teaching Experience Course you will receive your certificate which is valid for three years.
Instructor Course Details Include
- Duration: 5-7 Hours (online) + Teaching Experience 7 Hours (1 day) if applicable
- Cost: $ 175.00 + GST (includes Teaching Experience); $125 + GST (without Teaching Experience)
- Please note that the above cost of $175+ gst includes the initial Teaching Experience. If additional Teaching Experiences are required an applicable $50+gst fee will apply up to a maximum of 3 total attempts.
- Please Register/Pay here