Instructor Renewal Course 2024 – 2026
First Aid Red Cross Instructor Renewal Course
Welcome to your First Aid Instructor Renewal course 2024-2026.
Breath for Life is one the Canadian Red Cross’ IDP centers. Please read more about Instructor Development Centers.
You must have a current Red Cross First Aid Instructor certification and have taught a minimum of 3 Canadian Red Cross courses within the certification period of 3 years. Courses that apply include: Intermediate Standard First Aid and/or Basic Emergency First Aid (In-class, blended and recertification courses qualify). To be able to teach Workplace (OHS) courses in Alberta, Newfoundland and Labrador you must have completed the Red Cross mandatory regional update.
- This course is delivered in-class as the virtual option has been discontinued.
- The HUB component has also been discontinued and the legislation and professional development content previously included in this spoke will be included in the First Aid/CPR Discipline Specific Instructor recertification course.
- Instructors with multiple certifications will continue to recertify each Discipline separately (First Aid Instructor, Professional Responder Instructor and Wilderness & Remote First Aid Instructor. One course must have been taught in each discipline that they wish to recertify (course taught must be at the highest level of certification within each discipline).
- Skills checklists are no longer required as skills stations are being re-introduced into the recertification session.
Course Completion Criteria
- Successfully demonstrate selected discipline specific clinical and instructional skills (assigned in class)
- Adhere to the Canadian Red Cross Standards of Behavior and the Group Charter (created in class)
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course – this includes active, directed contributions at all scheduled sessions.
- Time: 8AM to 230PM
- Duration: 6 hours (in-class)
- Cost: $250.00 + GST = $262.50 (Price also includes a Digital Recertification workbook)
- Registration: Please register online by selecting the course date below
- Please note: This course is offered based on minimum numbers and Breath for Life reserves the right to postpone if the minimum numbers have not been met.