Standard First Aid Level C or BLS Provider
As Breath for Life continues to follow Public Health requirements the in-class session is running in August. Maximum class sizes (to meet and exceed social distancing directives) will be 12 participants per class. During this uncertain time we reserve the right to postpone a class if minimum numbers are not met (8 participants). Please check your course date below to view its status.
- Please read what Breath for Life is doing to keep our students and instructors safe: Coronavirus Position Statement and Updates
Alternate option: Please check with your school to verify if the Red Cross First Aid course would be considered equivalent: Standard First Aid/CPR and If you require the Heart and Stroke BLS Provider CPR: BLS Provider
As per OHS: First Aid/CPR certifications that have expired after March are considered valid until at least September. Participants are required to hold onto their expired certificates as proof and OHS officers have flexibility to accept expired certificates. Healthcare Providers: OHS has extended your certificates immediately until further notice.
Heart and Stroke Standard First Aid with Level C or BLS Provider CPR
The Heart and Stroke Standard First Aid course is a two day program designed to meet the First Aid and CPR requirements of those who need to take the Heart and Stroke course. This First Aid course can be combined with either Level C CPR for the lay public or BLS Provider CPR for Healthcare Providers to meet the specific needs of your professional practice. This course is approved by OH&S. Please review the topics for this course.
Heart and Stroke Standard First Aid Course Details
- Time: 8:00am – 4:30pm (with Level C CPR), 8:00am – 6:30pm (with BLS Provider CPR)
- Duration: 14-16 hours
- Cost: $150.00 + GST = $157.50 (Standard First Aid/Level C CPR)
- Cost: $170.00 + GST = $178.50 (Standard First Aid/BLS Provider Level)
- Breath for Life does not cancel courses
- Certificate: The First Aid certificate is valid for 3 year and the CPR component is valid for 1 year