Emergency Medical Responder|EMR Course
Emergency Medical Responder Course
Breath for Life’s Emergency Medical Responder Course is approved by the Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP), the Canadian Red Cross and prepares you for ACP testing to become a registered EMR. The EMR course integrates a practical approach to classroom learning, provides a solid basis for student success and prepares students well for advanced education in EMS, employment in the Oil-Gas Industry and for ACP testing. This course is delivered by supportive, knowledgeable and experienced professionals who take your education seriously. The EMR course integrates theory and practice and engages students in their academic learning, scenario drills, performing hands-on skill development and team building. Breath for Life is honored to offer this course to the public and invites anyone who is interested in pursuing EMR training to take this course with us.
EMR Course Details
- Course Time: 8:00 – 6:00 pm
- Course Duration: 120 Hrs (30 hour pre-course, 90 hour in-class)
- Course Cost: $1300.00 + GST = $1365.00 (Includes textbook and pre-course workbook assignment)
- Course Syllabus: EMR: Course Syllabus 201
Prerequisites: (must be taken before EMR course commencement)
- A Standard First Aid/CPR-C: Standard First Aid CPR AND BLS Provider (CPR-HCP C): BLS Provider Course
- Please note that these are 2 separate courses and cannot be taken at the same time.
- Attendance is Mandatory
- AFA certificate for an additional $50.00; AFA is recognized by Workplace Health & Safety
- Course is transferable to any EMT program
- No hidden fees: EMR textbook included
- Payment Plan Available
- Free Parking
- Bus Access in Front of Breath for Life’s School: Bus 70
- Spacious classrooms and practice area
- Knowledgeable, committed and experienced instructors
- A hands-on/practical approach
- Ample practice time to develop your confidence
- No additional costs: such as a textbook, gym fees, uniforms, equipment purchases
- Excellent coffee
On Successful Completion of the Course you will Receive:
- An ACP approved Breath for Life Inc School Certificate and an official Transcript: available within 48 hours upon successful completion of the course
- A Nationally recognized Canadian Red Cross EMR Certificate
- Courses run once per month
Breath for Life Does Not Cancel scheduled courses and Parking is Free at the Breath for Life facility.
Emergency Medical Responder|EMR Course Dates
Feb 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
8 - 6 pm Course Length: 120 hours
Accepted Payment Methods
- Very knowledgeable staff, great environment.
- Excellent teachings. Alot to learn. Thank you for your patience.
- Great service would recommend to others. Learned a lot great instructors.
- Excellent presentation, breath of knowledge, professional, grabbed interest of the class.
- Job well done.
- Great group of instructors.
- Very impressed with the level of knowledge and clear delivery. Well structured.
- Keep doing what you’re doing.
- 110% guys. Awesome class. Best instructors – hands down.
- Excellent course.
- I really loved all the teachers, the answered my questions with full responses. When I needed extra help they gave it to me.
- I was overwhelmed by the information but with well-spoken, knowledgeable teachers I was able to understand and grasp everything. Thank you.
- Everything was great.
- I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it.
- Very good teaching skills which helped with learning.
- Everything was good.
- Keep doing what you’re doing to inspire others. Very informative course and would recommend to any first responder
- This is the most in depth course I’ve been in and I don’t believe I would change anything because of how great it is. Thanks for the course everyone at Breath for Life.
- Course was great! Friendly staff and good facilities.
- Keep up the great work!
- Alfred is very precise on the tools he uses for teaching; helps understanding anatomy a lot easier.
- I enjoyed this course. Instructors were great! Thank you!
- Really enjoyed the course, was over-whelming at first with all the information but got more relaxed as the course progressed.
- Awesome course!
- I would 100% recommend to a friend! I loved the pace and teaching style! Thanks guys 🙂
- Great course! Excellent interaction with the entire class. Enjoyable. 10/10! Thank you very much!!
- Excellent program. Excellent