Emergency Medical Responder
National Red Cross Emergency Medical Responder Program
Update: Class dates are available for Jan/Feb 2021. To minimize face-to-face time in the classroom the days will be reduced to 5-hour chunks over 3 weeks. Maximum class sizes (to meet social distancing directives) will be up to 12 participants per class for the knowledge components and up to 6 participants for the skills practice. Please read how we commit to keeping you safe: Breath for Life’s commitment to Keeping you Safe.
Please note: During this time we reserve the right to postpone a class if minimum registrations are not reached (4 participants).
Breath for Life Inc offers the National Red Cross Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Program which educates you to an EMR’s scope of practice. This course is primarily for Fire Fighters and Law Enforcement personnel who do not require registration with the Alberta College of Paramedics. Breath for Life has offered the EMR program to the Northern Alberta region since 2007 and is committed to delivering quality education. Students taking this course will be engaged in academic and practical learning to appreciate and understand an EMR’s scope of practice. By taking this course with Breath for Life, you will experience a supportive, knowledgeable and experienced instructor who will guide you in your learning.
This course is approved by the Canadian Red Cross.
EMR Course Details
- Time: 8:00 – 1:00 PM
- Duration: Over 3 Weeks (80 hours total)
- Fees : $940.00 plus GST
- Prerequisite course:
- Red Cross Standard First Aid
- This course is a prerequisite and must be current within a year of taking this course
- If you don’t have certification you must take it through Breath for Life by registering online: Standard First Aid/CPR-C
- Registration Process:
- Red Cross Standard First Aid
Emergency Medical Responder Dates
Accepted Payment Methods
- Very knowledgeable staff, great environment.
- Excellent teachings. A lot to learn. Thank you for your patience.
- Great service would recommend to others. Learned a lot great instructors.
- Excellent presentation, breath of knowledge, professional, grabbed interest of the class.
- Job well done.
- Great group of instructors.
- Very impressed with the level of knowledge and clear delivery. Well structured.
- Keep doing what you’re doing.
- 110% guys. Awesome class. Best instructors – hands down.
- Excellent course.
- I really loved all the teachers, the answered my questions with full responses. When I needed extra help they gave it to me.
- I was overwhelmed by the information but with well-spoken, knowledgeable teachers I was able to understand and grasp everything. Thank you.
- Everything was great.
- I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it.
- Very good teaching skills which helped with learning.
- Everything was good.
- Keep doing what you’re doing to inspire others. Very informative course and would recommend to any first responder
- This is the most in depth course I’ve been in and I don’t believe I would change anything because of how great it is. Thanks for the course everyone at Breath for Life.
- Course was great! Friendly staff and good facilities.
- Keep up the great work!
- Alfred is very precise on the tools he uses for teaching; helps understanding anatomy a lot easier.
- I enjoyed this course. Instructors were great! Thank you!
- Really enjoyed the course, was over-whelming at first with all the information but got more relaxed as the course progressed.
- Awesome course!
- I would 100% recommend to a friend! I loved the pace and teaching style! Thanks guys 🙂
- Great course! Excellent interaction with the entire class. Enjoyable. 10/10! Thank you very much!!
- Excellent program. Excellent