Emergency Medical Responder|EMR 240 Hour Program
Emergency Medical Responder Program
Breath for Life’s 240 Hour Emergency Medical Responder Program meets and/or exceeds The Alberta College of Paramedics’s (ACP’s) requirements for program approval: Approval Letter This course has been approved by the following agencies: Alberta College of Paramedics, the Canadian Red Cross and Alberta Advanced Education. Students taking this course will prepare for provincial testing by engaging in academic and practical learning to become a registered EMR. This is achieved by providing a solid knowledge and practical base which also prepares the student for further studies in the para-medicine profession. By taking this course with Breath for Life you will experience a supportive, knowledgeable and experienced team who will help you in your learning. Breath for Life is honored to offer this course and invites you to share your passion with us.
EMR Entry Requirements:
The Alberta College of Paramedics specifies mandatory entry requirements that are detailed in the syllabus. Course topics are also included in the syllabus.
- Syllabus: Please Read
Prerequisite course: Standard First Aid Level C CPR
- Breath for Life strongly encourages the registrant to take this course through Breath for Life. Please click the link to register: Standard First Aid CPR Level C Course
- If you decide to take this course through another provider, this course must be taken through an approved national Provider: Canadian Red Cross, St. John’s Ambulance or Heart and Stroke Foundation. No other certifying agencies will be accepted
- The course must be current within one year of the certificate issue date: if you are beyond the 1 year issue date please book into a SFA Renewal Course
Certificate Requirements to Complete the EMR 240 Hr Course
The following Certificates must be achieved to complete the requirements of the 240 Hour EMR Program:
Each certificate is priced independently:
- EMR Certificate: (see below)
- Standard First Aid Level C CPR (pre-requisite): cost $130.00 + GST
- Psychological First Aid (pre or post-requisite): cost $150.00 + GST
- Heart and Stroke BLS Provider (co-requisite): cost $105.00 + GST
- International Trauma Life Support (post-requisite): cost is dependent on the provider
- 40 Hour Driver Training Course (post-requisite): Price determined by CTEC
- CTEC is approved by Alberta Transportation and is located in St. Albert: CTEC
EMR Core Course Details
- Time: 8:00 – 5:00 pm
- Duration: 17 Days
- EMR Core Course Fees :
- Administration fee: $175.00+ GST
- Materials fee: $275.00 + GST
- Tuition fee: $2000.00 (Note: This cost is GST exempt)
- $500.00 deposit is required upon registering into the EMR Core Course
- $1500.00 balance is due on the first day of the EMR Core Course
- This course may qualify for RESP funding. Please check with your financial institution.
- Registration: You must register for this course online.
- A proven track record of success when writing the ACP registration exams
- This course is transferable to an ACP approved PCP program
- A National Red Cross EMR e-card is available for an additional fee
- A WH&S recognized Advanced First Aid e-card is available for an additional fee
- Bus Access in Front of Breath for Life’s School: Bus 70
- Spacious classroom and practice area
- Knowledgeable, committed and experienced instructors
- A hands-on/practical approach
- Ample practice time to develop your confidence
- Free Parking
On Successful Completion of the EMR Program you will Receive:
- An ACP approved Breath for Life Inc Certificate and and two official Transcripts
Breath for Life Does Not Cancel scheduled courses and Parking is Free at the Breath for Life facility.
Emergency Medical Responder|EMR 240 Hour Program Dates
Accepted Payment Methods
- Very knowledgeable staff, great environment.
- Excellent teachings. Alot to learn. Thank you for your patience.
- Great service would recommend to others. Learned a lot great instructors.
- Excellent presentation, breath of knowledge, professional, grabbed interest of the class.
- Job well done.
- Great group of instructors.
- Very impressed with the level of knowledge and clear delivery. Well structured.
- Keep doing what you’re doing.
- 110% guys. Awesome class. Best instructors – hands down.
- Excellent course.
- I really loved all the teachers, the answered my questions with full responses. When I needed extra help they gave it to me.
- I was overwhelmed by the information but with well-spoken, knowledgeable teachers I was able to understand and grasp everything. Thank you.
- Everything was great.
- I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it.
- Very good teaching skills which helped with learning.
- Everything was good.
- Keep doing what you’re doing to inspire others. Very informative course and would recommend to any first responder
- This is the most in depth course I’ve been in and I don’t believe I would change anything because of how great it is. Thanks for the course everyone at Breath for Life.
- Course was great! Friendly staff and good facilities.
- Keep up the great work!
- Alfred is very precise on the tools he uses for teaching; helps understanding anatomy a lot easier.
- I enjoyed this course. Instructors were great! Thank you!
- Really enjoyed the course, was over-whelming at first with all the information but got more relaxed as the course progressed.
- Awesome course!
- I would 100% recommend to a friend! I loved the pace and teaching style! Thanks guys 🙂
- Great course! Excellent interaction with the entire class. Enjoyable. 10/10! Thank you very much!!
- Excellent program. Excellent