Emergency Medical Responder
National Red Cross Emergency Medical Responder Program
Update: As COVID positive cases continue to climb, this class will be postponed until further notice. This class involves too much time in the classroom face-to-face and some of the skills cannot be practiced with social distancing. Virtual or blended delivery is not available for this class.
Are you discerning whether being a paramedic is for you and are uncertain about whether investing money into this program is the right choice? Breath for Life Inc may be the answer to this complex decision. Breath for Life Inc offers the National Red Cross Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Program which exposes you to an EMR’s scope of knowledge and practice. Although this course is recognized by the Canadian Red Cross (CRC), and a certificate is issued by the CRC, this course does not allow you to register as an EMR in Alberta through the Alberta College of Paramedics. Most people taking the 240 Hour EMR course use this course as a stepping stone into higher levels of training such as PCP or ACP studies. Because the Alberta College of Paramedics revamped their program offering thus removing the laddering approach into advanced studies (i.e., you had to take EMR to enter into PCP studies), the 240 Hour course has become irrelevant to students wanting to enter into paramedicine. So why take this course through Breath for Life Inc? The idea is this – if you are uncertain about whether you want to enter into this field of study, the price point of this course is attractive without having to do all of the extra work that is required when taking the 240 Hour course previously offered by Breath for Life. This program will also qualify you to purchase an Advanced First Aid certificate on completion of your course.
Breath for Life has offered the EMR program to the Northern Alberta region since 2007 and is committed to delivering quality education. Students taking this course will be engaged in academic and practical learning to understand what an EMR’s scope of knowledge and practice is about. By taking this course with Breath for Life, you will experience a supportive, knowledgeable and experienced instructor who will guide you in your learning.
This course is approved by the Canadian Red Cross.
EMR Course Details
- Time: 8:00 – 5:00 pm
- Duration: 10 Days
- Fees : $940.00 plus GST
- Prerequisite course:
- Red Cross Standard First Aid
- This course is a prerequisite and must be current within a year of taking this course
- If you don’t have certification you must take it through Breath for Life by registering online: Standard First Aid/CPR-C
- Registration Process:
- Red Cross Standard First Aid
Accepted Payment Methods
- Very knowledgeable staff, great environment.
- Excellent teachings. Alot to learn. Thank you for your patience.
- Great service would recommend to others. Learned a lot great instructors.
- Excellent presentation, breath of knowledge, professional, grabbed interest of the class.
- Job well done.
- Great group of instructors.
- Very impressed with the level of knowledge and clear delivery. Well structured.
- Keep doing what you’re doing.
- 110% guys. Awesome class. Best instructors – hands down.
- Excellent course.
- I really loved all the teachers, the answered my questions with full responses. When I needed extra help they gave it to me.
- I was overwhelmed by the information but with well-spoken, knowledgeable teachers I was able to understand and grasp everything. Thank you.
- Everything was great.
- I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it.
- Very good teaching skills which helped with learning.
- Everything was good.
- Keep doing what you’re doing to inspire others. Very informative course and would recommend to any first responder
- This is the most in depth course I’ve been in and I don’t believe I would change anything because of how great it is. Thanks for the course everyone at Breath for Life.
- Course was great! Friendly staff and good facilities.
- Keep up the great work!
- Alfred is very precise on the tools he uses for teaching; helps understanding anatomy a lot easier.
- I enjoyed this course. Instructors were great! Thank you!
- Really enjoyed the course, was over-whelming at first with all the information but got more relaxed as the course progressed.
- Awesome course!
- I would 100% recommend to a friend! I loved the pace and teaching style! Thanks guys 🙂
- Great course! Excellent interaction with the entire class. Enjoyable. 10/10! Thank you very much!!
- Excellent program. Excellent