Emergency Medical Responder
Emergency Medical Responder Program
Public Notice Announcement:
As of January 1, 2019, the length of the EMR program has changed to 240 hours. Delivery of this program means that every approved school must be compliant with the standards mandated by the Alberta College of Paramedics. Breath for Life has implemented these standards and either meets or exceeds ACP’s program expectations. Breath for Life has endeavored to keep the cost of this program competitively priced and after doing a cost analysis, Breath for Life’s cost on this program out-competes the cost of most other programs in the province. Breath for Life has offered the EMR program to the Northern Alberta region for over 10 years and is committed to providing quality education. Students taking this course will be prepared for provincial testing by engaging in academic and practical learning to become a registered EMR. This is achieved by providing a solid knowledge and practical base which also prepares the student for further studies in EMS. By taking this course with Breath for Life, you will experience a supportive, knowledgeable and experienced team who will help you in your learning.
- A proven track record of success when writing the ACP registration exams
- This course is transferable to an ACP approved PCP program
- A National Red Cross EMR e-card is available
- A OH&S recognized Advanced First Aid e-card is available
- A Psychological First Aid certificate
- A BLS certificate
- Bus Access in Front of Breath for Life’s School: Bus 70
- Spacious classroom and practice area
- Knowledgeable, committed and experienced instructors
- A hands-on/practical approach
- Ample practice time to develop your confidence
- Free Parking
EMR Entry Requirements:
The Alberta College of Paramedics mandates that all EMR schools comply with the entry requirements detailed in the syllabus.
Prerequisite course: Standard First Aid Level C CPR
- It is encouraged that this course be taken through Breath for Life: $130+gst
- The course must be current within 3 years of the certificate issue date: if you are beyond the 3 year issue date please book into the full course when you book into the EMR course online.
- Equivalencies will be considered if this course has been taken through an approved national Provider: Canadian Red Cross, St. John’s Ambulance or Heart and Stroke Foundation.
EMR Core Course Details
- Time: 8:00 – 5:00 pm
- Duration: 17 Days
- EMR Fees :
- Administration fee: $125.00+ GST
- Materials fee: $225.00 + GST
- The Admin fee and materials fee are payable when you register into the EMR core course
- EMR Core Course Tuition fee: $2000.00 (Note: This cost is GST exempt)
- $500.00 deposit is required upon registering into the EMR Core Course
- $1500.00 balance is due on the first day of the EMR Core Course
- Package Deal:
- The Psychological First Aid and BLS Provider Courses are discounted and offered as a package deal: $150.00
- To take advantage of the package deal please register for these courses when you book into the EMR course online
- Total Cost:
- Total Cost of the EMR Core Course including materials/admin fees and the package deal: $2500.00 (applicable taxes extra)
- Funding: Breath for Life’s EMR course is considered a part-time program (less than 12 weeks in duration). Although Breath for Life’s EMR Course is approved by Alberta Education; loans and grants through Alberta Student Aid; do not qualify to cover tuition.
Additional Requirements of the 240 Hr EMR Course Include:
- International Trauma Life Support (post-requisite)
- This course may be taken through one of the Approved Alberta Providers
- Fees payable to provider of choice
- 40 Hour Driver Training Course (post-requisite)
- Fees payable to provider of choice
- You may take the Driver Ed course through any ACP approved provider: CTEC, Keyano College, Western Institute
- The ITLS course and the 40 Hour Driver Training Course must be completed within 6 months of the EMR Core Course.
- Proof of certification must be provided to achieve the 240 hour EMR Certificate
On Successful Completion of the EMR 240 Hour Program you will receive:
- An ACP approved Breath for Life 240 Hr EMR Certificate and two official Transcripts
- A Standard First Aid Certificate if you are required to take this course
- A Psychological First Aid Certificate
- A BLS certificate
- An ITLS certificate from a provider of your choice
- A Driver Training Certificate: provider of choice
Note: Breath for Life has endeavored to post course dates that correspond with ACP’s exam schedule.
If you have any questions please email the EMR Program Director: email@example.com
Emergency Medical Responder Dates
Mar 12-16, 18-23, 25-30
8 AM - 5 PM
Accepted Payment Methods
- Very knowledgeable staff, great environment.
- Excellent teachings. Alot to learn. Thank you for your patience.
- Great service would recommend to others. Learned a lot great instructors.
- Excellent presentation, breath of knowledge, professional, grabbed interest of the class.
- Job well done.
- Great group of instructors.
- Very impressed with the level of knowledge and clear delivery. Well structured.
- Keep doing what you’re doing.
- 110% guys. Awesome class. Best instructors – hands down.
- Excellent course.
- I really loved all the teachers, the answered my questions with full responses. When I needed extra help they gave it to me.
- I was overwhelmed by the information but with well-spoken, knowledgeable teachers I was able to understand and grasp everything. Thank you.
- Everything was great.
- I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it.
- Very good teaching skills which helped with learning.
- Everything was good.
- Keep doing what you’re doing to inspire others. Very informative course and would recommend to any first responder
- This is the most in depth course I’ve been in and I don’t believe I would change anything because of how great it is. Thanks for the course everyone at Breath for Life.
- Course was great! Friendly staff and good facilities.
- Keep up the great work!
- Alfred is very precise on the tools he uses for teaching; helps understanding anatomy a lot easier.
- I enjoyed this course. Instructors were great! Thank you!
- Really enjoyed the course, was over-whelming at first with all the information but got more relaxed as the course progressed.
- Awesome course!
- I would 100% recommend to a friend! I loved the pace and teaching style! Thanks guys 🙂
- Great course! Excellent interaction with the entire class. Enjoyable. 10/10! Thank you very much!!
- Excellent program. Excellent