Childcare First Aid
Please read what Breath for Life is doing to keep our students and instructors safe: Breath for Life’s commitment to Keeping you Safe.
Breath for Life is committed to following Public Health and AHS requirements for safe delivery of in-class sessions which are running as scheduled. To observe social distancing directives, courses are delivered below Red Cross ratio requirements.
- Red Cross First Aid/CPR certifications that expire between March 1, 2020 and March 1, 2021 can attend a recertification course as long as this is completed by March 31, 2021.
Red Cross Standard Childcare First Aid Training
The Standard Childcare First Aid Level B CPR and AED 2 day course covers various topics of importance when children and babies are sick or injured. When taking this course, you will learn how to care for a child or baby when First Aid is needed. Whether you are a parent, a Daycare worker or own a Day Home, this engaging two day Red Cross course provides important life-saving knowledge and skill development. Taught by expert instructors, this course is recognized by Alberta Social Services and is an Alberta requirement for professionals to work with children in childcare facilities such as: After-School Care Programs, Playschools and Preschools, Montessori Schools and Day Homes. Please check out the topics for this course.
Standard Childcare First Aid-Level B CPR and AED Course Details
- Time: 8:00 – 4:30 pm
- Duration: 2 Days (14 – 16 hours)
- Cost: $130 + GST = $136.50 (Digital Manual included)
- Certificate: An e-certificate will be issued to your Red Cross user account (in-class details will be provided), when the course is completed. Certificates are valid for three years.
- Online registration is preferred. You may also visit the office at 4443 – 99 Street or email firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Although the class materials are in English, Breath for Life provides the exam in the following languages: French, Mandarin, Polish, Portugese, Punjabi, Spanish, Arabic
- Breath for Life does not cancel courses that you commit to
- Breath for Life includes a training manual in the course cost
- Parking is Free
- If you have a current certificate (within 3 years), you are eligible to take the Renewal Course.
- Includes Level B CPR and AED
Childcare First Aid Dates
March 6&7: Saturday/Sunday
08:00 to 4:30 pm
Breath for Life’s Training Facility
4443 - 99 St T6E 5B6 • MAP
Accepted Payment Methods
- They know the lesson very well, theories and hands on-are excellent! You guys are superb! Thanks!
- The visual presentation helped a lot. Thanks for all the new updates and updated equipment. Helps a lot and good to know.
- It is wonderful to receive instruction from someone who is extremely knowledgeable and passionate. Thank you for the “whys”! I have
non-medical anxiety and found the size of the class just right. Thanks for keeping it small. I will absolutely recommend Breath for Life Inc.
- The instructor made the course interesting by adding different activities and using different methods of teaching. Keep up the great work!
- It is a very good experience, I learned so much!
- Excellent instructor, full of energy and knowledge. Good instructor, well organized course!
- Thank you for being accommodating, concise and thorough.
- Really good practice, easy to understand by showing examples.
- Awesome. Liked her examples. Nice the instructor was from a childcare field.
- Course is awesome, lots of fun, great practical experience. Instructors are awesome!
- All instructors are excellent. This centre provides good quality of education.
- Instructor was witty and knowledgeable. Answered questions accordingly and brought real world examples to the class.
- Very good teacher, kept things interesting and answered questions knowledgeably.
- Amazing instructor. This is the first time I have understood everything without having to question. Enjoyed this course like I have never before!
- Very knowledgeable and concise yet thorough coverage of all topics.
- This class was fantastic, fun and easy way to learn the material.
- I felt way more prepared for an emergency with this course vs ** Excellent!!
- Explained every topic in detail with appropriate examples. Easy to understand. Fabulous!
- Thanks for making my 2 day class not boring or blah!! Amazing instructor!! Made the course great to be at!
- Awesome! Made the class engaging and fun and was energetic. Gave real life examples and stories.
- Breath for Life is the best course for us to increase our knowledge.
- This group of instructors were awesome, very helpful, patient and funny.
- Great course! Learned lots! For sure recommend it!
- The instructor was great! She took what could be a very boring topic and made it fun. Very informative- lots of great tips.
- Instructor presented the course in a manner that made it really enjoyable. Her real life examples of situations helped emphasize just how possible it is to run
into these situations. Keep up the great programs.