Breath for Life Inc owned, managed and overseen by Registered Nurses, has a deep appreciation and concern for public health and safety and understands your concerns about social and public gatherings in relation to covid-19. Breath for Life works with Alberta Health Services in its commitment to keeping the public safe. With Alberta Health Services’ input we have kept the public safe throughout the pandemic. Breath for Life is committed to following all sanitation/disinfection practices and restrictions and will not compromise this. Courses offered will follow strict public health requirements and restrictions to ensure safety of all who attend a course at Breath for Life.
Effective August 1st 2020, the city of Edmonton passed a bylaw mandating masks in all indoor spaces. Breath for Life requires that you bring your own mask and wear it while at our facility. Wearing a mask does not exempt you from social distancing, and Breath for Life is committed to both strategies to flatten the curve. Breath for Life has also reduced its participant intake into courses in line with the mandatory restrictions imposed by the Government and AHS. Breath for Life has a spacious classroom which allows for and respects social distancing and its HVAC system has recently been replaced to maximize airflow.
Breath for Life’s Implementation strategy to flatten the curve includes:
1) No unscheduled drop-ins: appointments must be made. Registrations are completed online. Questions are answered via email: email@example.com. You must be a registered student or have an appointment to enter the BFL school. Contactless pick up is available (please email to arrange a time) for students requesting or requiring course material.
2) When you enter the Breath for Life school to attend your course, you will be screened to ensure everyone’s safety.
3) If you are not wearing a mask, you will be asked to wear one. If you do not have one Breath for Life will have masks available for purchase. You will be asked to leave if you are non-compliant.
4) You will be asked to wash your hands before entering the classroom, which has been sanitized for your safety, and before leaving the building. Hand-sanitizer is also available.
5) Chairs (disinfected after each class) are spaced 2 meters or more apart and social distancing will be enforced during your stay at Breath for Life. Being from the same cohort does not exempt you from social distancing in the BFL school.
6) During skill practice, students will use their own equipment. Each individual is provided with their own manikins, AED, and BVMs (BLS classes). Students will not be practicing skills in pairs. But team involvement principles will be emphasized.
7) After each formal break, touch surfaces will be disinfected (door knobs, taps, soap dispensers, toilet flusher handles, toilet seats, paper toilet dispensers, door stall handles, etc …). The kitchenette will not accessible to students until the pandemic is over and restrictions are lifted.
8) All equipment is carefully disinfected after each class – process reviewed and approved by AHS.
9) A thorough cleaning/sanitation of the classroom and common areas will be performed after course completion.
Please check the website regularly for course status and updates.
Breath for Life understands the stress that this pandemic has created for everyone and appreciates your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.
Dated Posted: March 10th, 2020
Updated: December 11th, 2020