Instructor Renewal Course
Red Cross First Aid & CPR Instructor Renewal Course
Classes will commence in September 2020. Please see the dates below. Please contact your local Red Cross Program Representative to have your award extended.
To qualify for registration, the following criteria must be met:
- Candidates must have taught a minimum of 6 courses in the past three years. Two of the listed courses must have been taught per year: Standard First Aid, Emergency First Aid or Standard First Aid Recert;
- All Red Cross instructor updates (if applicable) must be completed prior to course registration. If you do not know what this means, please discuss this with your Red Cross regional representative;
- You must have a current First Aid/CPR Instructor Certificate;
- Please read: QA Plan for first aid agencies
New Model for Instructor recertification: Virtual Delivery
Instructors will recertify each of their certifications separately (First Aid Instructor (CORE), First Responder Instructor, Wilderness & Remote First Aid Instructor, etc.). This new model respects the difference in skills needed and target audiences for each discipline by completing both a Recertification HUB and a Discipline Specific Component.
- Each discipline will attend a 4-hour Instructor Recertification Hub which focuses on course fundamentals common to each discipline.
- Each discipline will also attend a 4-hour discipline-specific component which will focus on skills and scenarios for the specific audience to which instructors are teaching skills.
- The Virtual Instructor Recertification is facilitated by an experienced Canadian Red Cross Instructor trainer.
- 1-2 weeks prior to your course dates you will receive an email with the link to join the session and any other pre-course paperwork and details.
- Please Note: Breath for Life does not offer the Professional Responder and Wilderness Instructor Discipline Specific Component.
First Aid & CPR Instructor Renewal Course Details
- Time: 8am to noon and 1pm to 5pm
- Duration: 4 hours per component (Instructor Hub and CORE Discipline Specific)
- Cost: $250.00 + GST = $262.50 Price includes the Hub and CORE Discipline Specific (Price also includes a Digital Recertification workbook)
- Registration: Please register online. If you have any questions please email email@example.com
- Please note: Breath for Life reserves the right to reschedule this class if minimum enrollment numbers are not met. See below the course status.
Instructor Renewal Course Dates
Accepted Payment Methods
- Thank you for the sharing of knowledge and skills. Enjoyed the hands on. Went away with new methods to share and facilitate First Aid.
- Loved it. Best recert course ever.
- Great refresher! Lots of good feedback and information!
- Thanks for keeping us on track, skills and teaching exercises were on point and useful.
- Excellent, well done. I will be returning in 3 years.
- Very well presented!!!
- Great job. Great instructor!!
- Really enjoyable instructor trainer. Clear and knowledgeable.
- Excellent as always!