Heart and Stroke is permitting in-class training.
- Please read what Breath for Life is doing to keep our students and instructors safe: Coronavirus Position Statement and Updates
All Heart & Stroke completion cards expiring between March 2020 through to August 2020 will be considered valid for entry into Heart & Stroke renewal courses of the same discipline until September 30, 2020 or longer (if social distancing measures have been lifted).
Heart and Stroke Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Breath for Life invites you to take your Heart and Stroke ACLS course in a learner-centered, hands-on and educational environment. This course is delivered in a supportive and team-focused atmosphere with an emphasis placed on success. The ACLS course builds on the foundation of BLS Provider skills and explores, through training and practice, the various ACLS treatment algorithms. It highlights the importance of high-performance team dynamics, communication and the recognition and treatment of acute coronary syndrome, cardiopulmonary arrest, post-cardiac arrest care, acute arrhythmias and stroke. This course is taught by experienced health-care professionals who will support you in your learning. Check out the renewal course.
The electronic-certificate issued by the Heart and Stroke is valid for two (2) years.
ACLS Course Details
- Time: See times below
- Length: 2 days
- Cost: $375+ GST= $393.75 (Price Includes: Compulsory Manual with Pocket Reference Cards)
- Course Topics
ACLS Course Pre-requisites
- Current Heart and Stroke Foundation BLS Provider course completion card: BLS Provider Course Dates
- Complete the Mandatory Pre-course Self-Assessment: You may access the self-assessment by selecting this link. The passing score for the self-assessment is 70% or higher. Students may take the Pre-course Self-Assessment as many times as needed to achieve a passing score or to challenge their previous score.
Learning Outcomes Include:
- Perform high-quality CPR
- Understand and interpret basic arrhythmias – bradycardia, tachycardia and cardiac arrest
- Implement treatment decisions, including medications, for acute coronary syndrome, cardiac arrest, bradycardia, tachycardia and stroke.
ACLS Course Dates
September 26&27 (In-Class): Sat/Sun
08:00 to 17:00
October 24&25 (In-Class): Sat/Sun
08:00 to 17:00