Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Breath for Life invites you to take your Heart and Stroke ACLS course with us. This course is delivered in a supportive and team-focused environment with an emphasis placed on success. The ACLS course builds on the foundation of BLS Provider skills by providing the participant with the opportunity to learn and practice the various ACLS algorithms outlined by the Heart and Stroke. It highlights the importance of high-performance team dynamics, communication and the recognition and treatment of acute coronary syndrome, cardiopulmonary arrest, post-cardiac arrest care, acute arrhythmias and stroke. This course is taught by experienced health-care professionals who will support you through your learning.
The electronic-certificate issued by the Heart and Stroke is valid for two (2) years.
ACLS Course Details
- Time: 09:00 to 17:00
- Length: 2 days
- Cost: $375+ GST= $393.75 (Price Includes: Compulsory Manual with Pocket Reference Cards; Manual must be picked up in advanced to complete the pre-course assignment)
- Course Topics
ACLS Course Pre-requisites
- Current Heart and Stroke Foundation BLS Provider course completion card: BLS Provider Course Dates
Complete the Mandatory Pre-course Self-Assessment: You may access the self-assessment by selecting the following link. The passing score for the self-assessment is 70% or higher to print the certificate. Students may take the Pre-course Self-Assessment as many times as needed to achieve a passing score or to challenge their previous score.Requirements:
- Performing high-quality BLS skills
- Reading and interpreting basic arrhythmias – bradycardia, tachycardia and cardiac arrest.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the essential drugs used in:
- Cardiac arrest
- Tachycardia with adequate perfusion
- Tachycardia with poor perfusion
- Immediate post–cardiac arrest care