Heart and Stroke Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Public Health Notice: Although public health restrictions are being lifted on July 1st, 2021, Breath for Life’s resolve is to keep you safe during your course. Our primary goal is your safety and mask use is strongly recommended during course participation until the threat of covid-19 is over. Please read what Breath for Life is doing to keep you and its staff safe: Breath for Life’s commitment to Keeping you Safe.
Breath for Life invites you to take your Heart and Stroke ACLS course in a learner-centered, hands-on and educational environment. This course is delivered in a supportive and team-focused atmosphere with an emphasis placed on success. The ACLS course builds on the foundation of BLS Provider skills and explores, through training and practice, the various ACLS treatment algorithms. It highlights the importance of high-performance team dynamics, communication and the recognition and treatment of acute coronary syndrome, cardiopulmonary arrest, post-cardiac arrest care, acute arrhythmias and stroke. This course is taught by experienced health-care professionals who will support you in your learning. Check out the renewal course.
The electronic-certificate issued by the Heart and Stroke is valid for two (2) years.
ACLS Course Details
- Time: See times below
- Length: 2 days
- Cost: $375+ GST= $393.75 (Price Includes: Compulsory Manual with Pocket Reference Cards)
- Course Topics
ACLS Course Pre-requisites
- Current Heart and Stroke Foundation BLS Provider course completion card: BLS Provider Course Dates
- Complete the Mandatory Pre-course Self-Assessment: You may access the self-assessment by selecting this link. The passing score for the self-assessment is 70% or higher. Students may take the Pre-course Self-Assessment as many times as needed to achieve a passing score or to challenge their previous score.
Learning Outcomes Include:
- Perform high-quality CPR
- Understand and interpret basic arrhythmias – bradycardia, tachycardia and cardiac arrest
- Implement treatment decisions, including medications, for acute coronary syndrome, cardiac arrest, bradycardia, tachycardia and stroke.
ACLS Course Dates
July 24&25: Saturday/Sunday
Breath for Life’s Training Facility
4443 - 99 St T6E 5B6 • MAP