Breath for Life has come to realize that our courses are essential for some individuals to meet workplace and/or professional association requirements.
With the support of our governing bodies and the fact that Breath for Life has and is following and exceeding the requirements by Public Health we are holding small classes (8-10) participants (to meet and exceed the social distancing requirement) for the full and re-certification skill components, BLS Provider and ACLS classes. Please check the specific course that you are registered or interested in to determine its alternate delivery method (for the lecture components) by clicking here: Courses page
Students will not be in pairs or groups and will be successfully taught all skills required without any person-to-person contact.
Breath for Life Inc, owned, managed and overseen by Registered Nurses, has a deep appreciation and concern for public safety and understands the public’s concern around social and public gatherings in relation to the coronavirus. Breath for Life is committed to following and exceeding sterilization/sanitation practices for the healthy and safe of our instructors and students. Please read what we have implemented:
1) When you enter our facility you will be asked 3 questions: To the best of your knowledge have you been exposure to anyone with the virus? Are you feeling ill at the moment (sore throat, fever, etc…) Have you been abroad in the past 3 weeks? If the answer to any of these questions are “yes” you will be asked to reschedule your class.
2) Prior to entering our sterilized classroom you will be asked to wash your hands. You will be provided with a pair of gloves.
3) Chairs (that are wiped after each class) are spaced 2 meters or more apart. Each individual is provided with their own manikins, AED , and BVMs (for BLS classes).
4) During skill practice social distancing will be enforced by each student using their own equipment.
5) After breaks and for each use of the washrooms commonly touched surfaces are sterilized (door knobs, taps, toilet flusher and toilet seats, paper toilet dispensers and door stalls, etc….
6) After class completion each piece of equipment is sterilized and ready for the next class.
7) After everyone has exited the building a further through sterilization of the classrooms and common areas is completed; including entry/exit doors.
If your course cannot be offered by the methods above or you prefer to postpone your class; Breath for Life will reschedule you into a future course waiving any applicable fees and your payment will be held as a credit for a future offerings of the course. Pre-Paid students: No refunds will be considered as it is accepted that you registered into your course in good faith with the intent of taking it. When in-class courses commence please email: email@example.com and advise which date you would like to reschedule into.
Breath for Life is diligently emailing registered students updates please make sure to check your junk/spam folder.
Breath for Life understands the stress that this pandemic has created however any disrespect of any kind – written or verbal – will end lines of communication and result in the loss of your registration fees.
Breath for Life appreciates your patience and understanding in this difficult and uncertain time.
Dated Posted: March 10, 2020
Updated: April 3, 2020