Breath for Life Inc, owned, managed and overseen by Registered Nurses, has a deep appreciation and concern for public safety and understands the public’s concern around social and public gatherings in relation to the coronavirus. Breath for Life is committed to following all sanitation/disinfection practices for the health and safety of our instructors and students. Breath for Life has been approved to offer courses to the public based on an Alberta Health Services audit. Courses offered will follow strict public health guidelines to ensure safety of all who participate in their skill sessions at Breath for Life.
Breath for Life’s Implementation strategy to flatten the curve includes:
1) When you enter the Breath for Life facility you will be screened with 3 questions: To the best of your knowledge have you been exposed to anyone with the virus? Are you feeling ill (sore throat, fever, cough, chest congestion, etc…) and have you traveled into or out of the country? If the answer to any of these questions is “yes” you will be asked to reschedule your class. Please note that any uncontrolled coughing, sneezing or behaviors that suggest a lack of concern for others will not be tolerated.
2) You will be asked to wash your hands before entering the classroom, which has been sanitized for your safety, and before leaving the building.
3) Chairs (that are disinfected after each class) are spaced 2 meters or more apart and maximum class size will be 12-13 participants to respect Social Distancing directives.
4) During skill practice, social distancing will be enforced as each student will use their own equipment. Each individual is provided with their own manikins, AED, and BVMs (for BLS classes). Students will not be practicing skills in pairs.
5) After use of the washroom, which will also follow social distancing requirements, touch surfaces will be disinfected (door knobs, taps, soap dispenser, toilet flusher handles, toilet seats, paper toilet dispensers, door stall handles, etc….)
6) Equipment will be disinfected after use during and after class.
7) A thorough cleaning/sanitation of the classroom and common areas will be performed after participants exit the building.
If you are ill, Breath for Life will reschedule you into a future course waiving any applicable fees and your payment will be held as a credit for a future course offering. Please note: no refunds will be issued to pre-paid students as it is accepted that you registered into your course in good faith with the intent of taking it.
Please check the website regularly for course status and updates.
Breath for Life understands the stress that this pandemic has created and appreciates your patience as courses are rescheduled to meet your needs.
Breath for Life appreciates your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.
Dated Posted: March 10, 2020
Updated: May 30, 2020